dried mixed fruit
dark brown sugar
( firmly packed)
( freshly squeezed)
( dark bits)
( lightly beaten)
( coarsely chopped)
- Place dried fruit, fruit mince, butter, sugar, orange zest and juice in a large saucepan and over low heat stir until sugar dissolves and butter melts and then remove from heat and cool.
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan forced.
- Lightly grease a 30x20cm (base measurement) slice pan and line with baking paper, extending paper at long sides for handles.
- Stir chocolate and egg into fruit mixture.
- Sift flours over mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and the spread mixture into prepared pan and then top with nuts and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted at centre combes out clean.
- Cool in pan and cut into pieces to serve.