whole wheat self-rising flour
( or 4 grain bread flour)
( for mashed potatoes)
walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Mix all the ingredients (excepting walnuts) with a food processor for about 5 minutes.
- Let rise (covered) to double size in a warm place; in possible in a bowl in the oven with another cup with warm (not hot) water nearby.
- After this time flat your dough on a non sticky surface (or use some flour) and top with walnuts.
- Fold in three in the legs and flat the dough again. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Fold on the other side in the same way. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Repeat 2 more times.
- Divide the dough with a plastic knife in six parts and form 6 breads of 25-30 cm.
- Prepare two baking trays with 3 breads each.
- Let rise one hour to double size and take out of the oven (if you had them there).
- Heat the oven to 230°C (heat and timing are basing it on convection oven) with a fire resistant tin filled with hot water.
- With scissors cut the surface (1 cm depth) as you like.
- Let rise 20-30 minutes.
- Let your tin with boiling water in the oven and bake both trays for about 20 minutes (together or separately if you cannot).
- When golden-brown take out and let cool down completely.
- Usually we eat one piece and I freeze the other breads. Feel free to reduce the quantities.