( Better Batter brand or suitable substitute)
egg, lightly beaten
pure vanilla extract
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- With mixer running, add egg, milk, vanilla, and almond extract; mix until incorporated.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface. Divide in half and shape into 2 discs. Cover each with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes, and transfer to prepared baking sheets, leaving an inch in between.
- Leftover dough can be rolled and cut once more.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 10 minutes; do not allow to brown.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.