red chilies, large
red capsicums, de-seeded and chopped
garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Coarsely chop half of the chillies and remove the seeds from the remaining chillies and coarsely chop. (Wash hands after chopping).
- Place the chillies, capsicums and salt into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Heat the sesame oil in a medium saucepan, add the chilli mixture and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in sugar and vinegar then bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and boil gently, uncovered, for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic then boil gently for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stand for 2 minutes. Pour sauce into wide necked bottles and seal immediately.