5 1/3 cups
all purpose flour
1 (12 ounce) jars
( I used seedless)
( I used a bit more)
red food coloring
1 -2 tablespoon
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Combine flour and salt and gradually add to the creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into three portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter with crimped edges.
- Place an inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350º for 8-10 minutes until edges just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spread raspberry jam on one cookie and top with another cookie to make a sandwich. Continue until all are sandwiches.
- Combine icing ingredients until a drizzling consistency is achieved. Drizzle over cookies.