1 1/2 teaspoons
butter, at room temperature
( 1-1/2 sticks)
orange zest, grated
( zest of 1 orange)
dried sweetened cranberries
semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment or silpat.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until light in color. Beat in egg and orange zest. Add flour mixture a little at a time with mixer on low speed, stirring until just combine. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 9-12 minutes in preheated oven or until the edges of the cookies are just slightly golden. Cool for 3-4 minutes on pan, then transfer to a baking rack and cool completely.
- Note: Dark chocolate chips may be used in this recipe. Adding coconut is an option as is adding nuts.