( I use avocado oil to be more healthy)
sea salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
recipe tahini sauce
( recipe#435450 using the garlic!)
- Preheat oven to 410°F (Alternatively you may fry the florettes in a pan with oil, drain on paper towels and sea salt and pepper to taste after).
- Place head of cauliflower sideways on a large cutting board, and start slicing about 1/2 inch slices across the top. There will be a mess of tiny florets everywhere, that's okay. When you reach the core, slice the sides of the cauliflower in the same manner. Chop any large florets into smaller bits (about 1-2 inch pieces). Discard the core.
- Drizzle olive oil over a large baking sheet. Add all the cauliflower to the baking sheet, drizzle with a bit more olive oil and roll around so that cauliflower is coated. Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast cauliflower for 16-35 minutes, until browned in spots and large pieces of cauliflower are tender when poked with a knife.
- Meanwhile, while cauliflower is roasting, place raisins in a bowl and pour boiling water over the cover. Let sit to plump. Toast almonds in a skillet until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Transfer cauliflower to a serving bowl. Drain raisins, and add raisins and almonds to cauliflower, stirring to mix. Drizzle tahini sauce including the garlic option over top (you may not use all of it). Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over top. Serve warm or at room temperature.