white rice flour
2 cups hemp milk or 2 cups
1/2 cup organic melted butter, vegan margarine (1 stick) or 1/2 cup
( or 1 cup if using grapeseed oil)
natural vanilla extract
( or 2 teaspoons if using grapeseed oil)
- Throw all your ingredients in the blender and puree until smooth.
- You might have to stop and scrape the sides of your blender to make sure your batter is mixed through. If your blender will not hold the entire mixture, just puree in batches and then stir. It doesn’t matter what kind of blender you use. This recipe is fool proof. You can’t fail.
- Pour into a well greased 9 inch/23cm pie dish and bake at 150 C / 300 F for about an hour or until set.
- It can take up to an hour and a half to set.
- The pie makes its own subtle crust.
- I am a firm believer that people take the first bite with their eyes.
- Jazz up this simple pie with a drizzle of maple syrup, a dollop of vegan cream or ice-cream and top with some crushed pecans or shaved dark chocolate.
- You can also make little individual pies and mound cream, syrup and nuts on top.
- The different colors, textures, and flavors gives this pie a little extra kick.
- Whether making this for a guilt free family sweet treat, whipping it up for that surprise dinner guest that someone brings home, or preparing it for that special dinner party – this recipe is a winner. Your snout will returning to this pecan filled trough again and again and again, and you too, will not be leaving any leftovers!