pork loin chops
onion, finely chopped
salt and pepper
Red Delicious apple
- In a large heavy skillet heat oil to medium high and brown the chops on both sides.
- Remove from pan.
- To the pan add the onions and garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook onions until translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the bay leaf and the drained sauerkraut.
- Arrange chops on top.
- Pour the stock over top, bring to a slow boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Peel, core and dice the apple.
- Add to the pan with the cumin seeds and stir well, simmering for another 15 minutes.
- Test for doneness.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.