salt and pepper
onion, finely chopped
garlic cloves, finely chopped
fresh rosemary, chopped finely
fresh sage, chopped finely
fresh thyme, chopped finely
1 1/2 cups
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the rabbit pieces.
- Brown rabbit pieces on all sides. Add additional oil if necessary (I had more than enough for our small rabbit); transfer to a plate when done.
- Add the onion, garlic and herbs to the remaining olive oil in the skillet and cook over medium heat until softened. Add wine and broth.
- Bring to a boil, and return rabbit to the pot. Cover and simmer for 1 hour .
- Remove rabbit to a plate.
- Boil sauce until it is reduced by about half. Whisk in mustard; season to taste.
- Return the rabbit to the sauce for a few minutes to reheat it.