cookie crumbs, chocolate
4 (250 g) packages
cream cheese, softened
caramilk cream liqueur, plus
1/4 cup caramilk cream liqueur or 1/4 cup
a similar caramel flavoured liqueur
dulce de leche
Cadbury caramilk bar, broken into pieces
- .Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place one rack in middle of oven an one rack in bottom 1/3 portion of oven.
- Combine crumbs and melted butter.( not sure I’ll be using the full ½ cup butter, I’ll start with ¼ if it hold together that will be great ill change it.).
- Press mixture into 10 inch spring form and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- For the filling beat the cheese until smooth and add 1/3 cup liqueur, blend completely and then add the other ¼ cup.
- Mix in the brown sugar(I’m not going to be using that amount either, I’ll start tasting the batter after 1/3 cup because there seems to be a lot of sugar in the ingredients this recipe).
- Add and mix well the sour cream.
- Beat in eggs mixing after each egg.
- Pour into crust and smooth out the top. I also pick up the spring form a few inches off the counter and drop the pan down a few times to get a more even distribution.
- Place the cake in the middle rack of the over.
- Fill a baking pan with some water( I usually fill the water level half way up and place it on the second rack in bottom 1/3 portion of oven under the cake. This will help to prevent cracking.).
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven leaving the cheese cake in the oven for another 30 minutes with the door slightly open.
- Remove cake from oven and place on a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
- Then place in fridge for 8 hours.
- Spread the Dulce de Leche on the top and sides.
- Place pieces of chocolate bar around edge of cake.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Whip the cream and pipe onto top.