1 (18 ounce) boxes
spice cake mix
1 (15 ounce) cans
pumpkin pie spice
CINNAMON-MAPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
cream cheese, softened
- CUPCAKES: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 24 standard muffin cups.
- Whisk together cake mix, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl.
- Add the eggs, applesauce, and pumpkin and beat with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Transfer cupcakes to wire rack and let cool completely before spreading with frosting.
- FROSTING: Make sure the butter & cream cheese are SOFT. Beat the butter in bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese and beat together until well blended.
- Add the maple syrup and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy, and frosting consistency is formed. **If frosting is too thick for your liking, you can add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.**.
- Spread frosting evenly over cupcakes and Enjoy!