( or use chocolate wafers or graham crackers)
unsalted butter, melted
confectioners' sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
pumpkin puree, canned
2 1/2 teaspoons
( or use Rum)
pumpkin pie spice, grounded
white chocolate chips
heavy cream, chilled
( or use fat-free cool whip)
- Put 7 cookies in a zip-lock plastic bag and crush into crumbs with a heavy pan.
- Brush the bottoms and about 1 inch up the sides of 6 parfait glasses (or use wine goblets) with the butter.
- Add a spoonful of crumbs to each and roll them around the insides of the glasses; pour out the excess crumbs and reserve for topping and refrigerate the prepared glasses.
- Place 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, the pumpkin puree, 1-1/2 teaspoons of the bourbon (or Rum) and the ground pumpkin pie spices in a food processor. Pulse until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave at medium power about 1 minute, stirring halfway until melted.
- Add to the pumpkin mixture and process until combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Beat 1-1/2 cups chilled heavy cream in a bowl with a mixer until soft peaks form; fold into the pumpkin mixture until smooth.
- Divide among the prepared glasses and refrigerate until ready to serve. Beat the remaining 1/2 cup cream with a mixer until foamy. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon bourbon and beat until soft peaks form.
- Top the parfaits with the whipped cream and the reserved cookie crumbs and the remaining 6 cookies.