( I used 1 tbsp. by accident, but I think the 1 tsp wouldn't be enough and would use 1 tbsp again)
1 1/2 lbs
chicken, boneless, skinless
( cut into 6 serving size pieces)
bell pepper, cut into strips
( green or red)
( cut into strips, I used one bag of frozen pepper and onion stirfry mix in place of the fresh veggies)
( our own addition but we're garlic lovers!)
1 (14 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes, undrained
( I used the fire roasted, yum!)
( use to taste, I used the whole amount but it was very thyme-y)
crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix all the spices and then combine them with the 1/4 cup of flour. Put 2 tablespoons of the spiced flour into a large ziptop bag along with the chicken and shake to coat.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and cook chicken pieces till lightly browned (3-4 minutes per side). Remove to a plate when cooked.
- In same pan, sautee the peppers, onion and garlic and cook slightly. Add the tomatoes and heat through.
- In a bowl with a lid (I used my blender), combine the cold chicken broth with the leftover flour mixture and then add to the veggies. Stir well. Add cooked chicken back in and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Sauce should thicken as the liquid comes to a gentle boil.
- We served it over yellow rice.