( like Mission Super Size)
enchilada sauce, divided
shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
fat-free cheddar cheese, halved
1 1/2 tablespoons
taco seasoning mix
salt and pepper
nonfat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add onion and, stirring occasionally, cook until it begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add pumpkin, taco sauce, and taco seasoning to the bowl. Mix well. If you like, season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Spray a small baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside. Warm tortillas slightly in the microwave.
- Lay tortillas flat on a clean, dry surface. Spread 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce onto each one. Place a half-slice of cheese in the center of each tortilla. Evenly distribute the pumpkin mixture between the centers of the tortillas.
- Wrap tortillas up tightly and place them in the baking dish with the seam sides down. Cover with remaining 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes, until enchiladas are hot. Carefully remove dish from the oven, and sprinkle enchiladas with shredded cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Plate those babies and, if you like, top with sour cream and/or scallions. Enjoy!