1 1/2 lbs
beef flank steak
onion, quartered and sliced
chopped green chilies, drained
1 1/4 teaspoons
- Cut flank steak in half if needed to fit in crock pot.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown flank steak in oil.
- Place in crock pot.
- In skillet, place onion, green chilies if desired, water, vinegar, chili powder, garlic powder, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or on low for 6 to 7 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Transfer meat to a warm platter.
- Slice meat diagonally.
- Remove onion from slow cooker with a slotted spoon and arrange around meat.
- If desired, baste with juices.