3 3/4 cups
1 3/4 cups
( or grand mariner)
1 (12 ounce) bags
( about 3 cups)
- Combine 2 ½ cups of sugar, water, vanilla, and orange extract in a sauce pan. Heat over medium until the sugar has completely dissolved—but not boiling.
- Pour in the cranberries and stir. The hot syrup will loosen the skin, saturate the berries and adhere to the berries over time.
- Cover the cranberries with a small plate to keep them mostly submerged. Then cover the pan and place it in the refrigerator over night.
- Place the remaining 1 ¼ cup of sugar in a rimmed dish. Strain the cranberries and place them in the sugar. Shake until they are completely coated.
- Carefully transfer them to a baking sheet to dry—about an hour.
- Once the sugar coating is hard, place them in an air-tight container and keep in a cool spot for up to a week!
- *Don’t forget to refrigerate your Cranberry Infused Vanilla-Orange Syrup for cocktail time!