maraschino cherries, drained
2/3 cup white chocolate chips or 2/3 cup
1 (5 1/3 ounce) packages
15 white chocolate chips or 15
red cinnamon candies
- Cover work area with piece of waxed paper 18 inches long.
- Dry cherries with paper towels.
- Place 2/3 cup chips and the oil in 6oz custard cup.
- Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 10 seconds, or until chips are softened; stir until smooth.
- Hold 1 cherry by stem (mouse tail), and dip into melted chips, covering completely-- even stem (tail).
- Immediately place on shortbread triangle, with tail at 45-degree angle.
- Place 2 of the sliced almonds against front of cherry to form mouse ears.
- Repeat with remaining cherries, shortbread and almonds.
- Using the remaining melted chips as glue and a toothpick to spread the melted chips, attach the flat side of a whole chip (flat side back) to the base of the almonds to form the mouse head.
- Using melted chips as glue, attach a few shreds of coconut for the whiskers and a red hot for the nose.
- Let cool without moving 50-60 minutes or until the melted chip mixture is firm and completely set.
- store in cool place up to one week.