yellow onion, chopped
butternut squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 (13 1/2 ounce) cans
salt & pepper
whole wheat elbow macaroni
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly oil 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Heat oil in medium pot/large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Add squash, coconut milk, salt & pepper and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium low for 20 minutes. In separate pot, cook macaroni al dente (~5 minutes).
- Add in sage to butternut squash mixture and cook 1 more minute. Mash some, but not all, of the squash pieces.
- Combine squash mixture, macaroni, and walnuts.
- Transfer to greased baking dish and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.