butter, divided into 1 tbsp cubes
1 1/3 cups
dark brown sugar
2 1/2 cups
sugar, for rolling
- In a small sauce pan, divide 10 of the cubed butter pieces and melt and brown the butter until it becomes very dark. It should take about 5-7 minutes. Be careful not to burn it.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, place the rest of the cubed butter. When the browned butter is ready, add to the cubed butter to the bowl. Allow it all to cool for a couple of minutes.
- While it's cooling, in a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Mix the butter mixture with the brown sugar with a wire whisk until all is incorperated. Add the egg and egg yolk, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in in the flour and mix well.
- Roll the dough into balls and roll them into the 1/3 cup of sugar. Bake on a cookie sheet at 375* for 9-11 minutes. I usually bake at 10 and they're perfect for my oven.
- Remove the baked cookies from the baking sheet and cool on a cooling rack.