1 1/2 cups
- Bring the cream, maple syrup and salt to a simmer in a sauce pan.
- Mix the egg yolks and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Mix the cream mixture into the egg yolks a little at a time.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Pour the mixture into 4 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a baking dish and fill the baking dish with hot water until it come halfway up the ramekins.
- Bake in a preheated 300F oven until set, about 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from hot water bath and let cool to room temperature.