light brown sugar, packed
egg, beaten lightly
( or syrup)
1/2 cup granny smith apples or 1/2 cup
other tart apple, peeled,chopped
2 (8 ounce) packages
crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour an 8x4" loaf pan.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, egg, and maple extract well in a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped apple and nuts, stirring to coat with mixture.
- Separate the crescent roll dough into 8 rectangles (instead of breaking them off at the triangle marks), pressing the seams together.
- Spread some of the apple mixture onto each rectangle, then roll up jelly roll style starting from one of the short sides.
- They will be fat, short spiral logs.
- Set the rolls lengthwise into the prepared loaf pan, making two layers of four rolls.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then cover with foil and bake another 30 minutes or until golden brown, removing the foil the last 5 minutes.
- Let cool in an 10 minutes, then remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely, When cool, combine icing ingredients.
- Set a sheet of waxed paper underneath the wire rack to catch drips and using a fork, drizzle the icing all over the top of the bread.