( dried overnight on a rack)
bacon, finely chopped
onion, finely chopped
celery, finely chopped
eggs, lightly beaten
fresh herb, finely chopped
( parsley, sage, thyme)
1 1/2 cups
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Break dry bread inot bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Fry bacon on medium-high heat until crisp; add onion, celery, and butter. Sauté for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add egg, herbs, chicken stock and slightly cooled bacon/vegetable mixture to the bread. Mix well.
- Spoon stuffing into a lightly greased 9x5 loaf pan and bake at 400F for 45 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven, invert onto a serving plate, slice and serve.