1 (19 ounce) boxes
( I use Betty Crocker Triple Chunk Hershey Brownie mix)
milk chocolate chips
( I use Hersey's)
( extra virgin)
2 (9 1/3 ounce) packages
( I use Hersey's milk chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees for shiny metal pan or 325 degrees for a dark, nonstick or glass pan.
- Grease bottom of pan.
- Stir brownie mix water, vegetable oil, olive oil, chocolate chips and egg in medium bowl until well blended.
- Pour batter into bottom of pan. Spreading batter until even.
- Place brownies in oven to bake following the baking directions on the chart on the back of the brownie box.
- Once brownies are done cooking remove from oven and allow to cool slightly (2-5 min.).
- While brownies are cooling remove chocolate bars from packaging.
- place whole chocolate bars end to end on top of brownie until the entire brownie is completely covered (you may have to cut a few bars to fit).
- sprinkle optional topping on brownies.
- allow brownies to cool and enjoy.
- ---for a double batch simply lower the heat by 25 degrees and cook for an extra 5-15 minuets until brownies are done.
- ---Most of the directions for this recipe were taken from the back of the brownie box. I added more chocolate chips in the batter. I also substituted half of the vegetable oil for olive oil.