gluten, free flour blend
sachet dried yeast
10 -12 fluid ounces
mixed dried fruit
flaked almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and the yeast.
- Add the caster sugar, mixed fruit and mixed spice, stir in the melted butter and warm milk to form soft but not too sticky dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly dusted surface and knead until smooth and the fruits are evenly distributed.
- Lightly roll the dough into a rectangle.
- Roll the marzipan into a sausage shape and lay it down the middle of the dough.
- Roll the dough around it and squeeze the ends to neaten the shape.
- Place it on a lightly oiled baking sheet, cover and leave it to prove in a warm place for approx 30 minutes.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown, Allow to cool slightly.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and mix with just enough lemon juice to form a stiff icing, spread this along the top of the stollen while it is still warm.
- Decorate with the toasted flaked almonds.