sunflower seeds, raw unsalted
fresh basil, chopped
celery, finely chopped
dates, pitted and chopped
jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- Soak sunflower seeds in water for 4 hours. Soak sun-dried tomatoes for 3 hours.
- Grind flax into coarse powder.
- Process sunflower seeds, celery, sun-dried tomatoes, dates, jalapeno pepper, olive oil, and salt in food processor.
- Add tomato, basil and ground flax and pulse until well-mixed.
- Spread mixture about 1/4-inch thick onto dehydrator trays with nonstick sheets.
- Dehydrate at 145F for 2 hours.
- Cut into cracker-sized pieces.
- Turn over and dehydrate at 115F for an additional 8 hours.