( plus more for dusting)
( 1 package)
extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon juniper berries, crushed or 1/2 teaspoon
juniper berries, ground
cayenne pepper, for dusting
- In a large bowl, stir together water, 1/2 cup flour, honey and yeast; let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, olive oil, juniper berries, and salt; knead on a floured surface for form a smooth dough.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover; let sit until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F; line 3 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Punch down dough and divide into 4 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 6x10 inch rectangle; cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch strips.
- Arrange strips on prepared baking sheet and dust with cayenne pepper; let stand until they puff up, about 15 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool and crisp before serving.