2 1/2 cups
- 1. dump oil into pot, heat on medium high.
- 2. add dry rice, salt. saute about a minute or so. do not stir it after this point.
- 3. add the water, and turmeric. as i said, no exact amount. fill the pot and cover the rice about 1/2" with the water.
- 4. allow to come to a rapid boil, and then reduce the heat to medium/low (or about a 3).
- 5. cover the pot, and do not open for at least 30 minutes.
- to serve, dump the pot upside down on a serving platter. the "hikaka" will be on the top of your rice. it's just crispy "over cooked" rice, but it's unbelieveably delicious :).