mushrooms, brown, open
garlic clove, chopped and crushed
( about 5 inches each)
spring onion, chopped
blue cheese, crumbled
( or any lettuce, or use more)
black pepper, coarse
( or lemon juice, may use more to taste)
- Heat your oven grill to high. Put the cleaned mushrooms cap side down on an oven tin. Sprinkle seasoning salt and garlic into each mushroom hollow, and add 1/2 - 1 teaspoon virgin olive oil to each cap.
- Grill about 5 minutes, or until mushrooms just start shrinking. They should only be parcooked, not cooked through and shrunk. Remove from oven, carefully, to save the juices which have formed in the hollows of the caps.
- While mushrooms grill, cut the zucchini into thin strips with a potato peeler or mandolin.
- Make a bed of arugula or other lettuce in the bottom of a salad bowl.
- Slice the mushrooms and put in another bowl WITH the juices which have formed. This is important!
- Add the zucchini slices, spring onions, walnuts and blue cheese. Season with black pepper, add the lime juice, and toss. Taste the "dressing" -- you might want more lime or lemon juice for a tang.
- Add to the bed of arugula or lettuce.
- More salt might be needed: that depends on taste.
- * You might want to add more blue cheese: I did not measure and merely crumbled in a large chunk. You could use more zucchini too, if you like.