soft brown sugar
apple cider vinegar
( for dredging)
- Preheat the oven to 160°.
- Cream the butter and both sugars together until soft.
- Mix the eggs, molasses and cider vinegar together.
- Add to the creamed butter and sugar and blend well.
- Sieve the flour, spices, xanthan gum, and baking soda into the butter and molasses mixture and stir until the flour is just incorporated. ( do not over mix).
- With a teaspoon an a very clean finger, evenly place a heaped teaspoon full of the mixture on a lined baking sheet, approximately 1 inch apart.
- Flatten the dough slightly by gently patting with a palette knife dipped in water.
- Dredge the biscuits with a very light dusting of granulated sugar(Optional).
- Bake for 15 mins, they will still appear soft, but they do crisp up when completely cool.
- Leave to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack to cool .