gluten free self-raising flour
unsalted butter, softened
cream cheese, softened
- Soak your dried apricots overnight in the 500ml of water.
- Preheat your oven to 180 deg C/ 350 deg F/gas mark four.
- Pour the apricots and water into a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and liquidise.
- Beat butter, eggs and honey into the apricots.
- Sieve in the flour and mix well.
- Spoon into a greased cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from cake tin, transfer to a cooling rack and make frosting.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, vanilla and cream cheese.
- Add the sweetener a cup at a time and mix until blended.
- When the cake is thoroughly cooled, top with cream cheese frosting.