boneless skinless chicken breasts
cream cheese, softened
pepper, to taste
- Coat garlic gloves with olive oil and wrap tightly in foil, roast in a 450 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from foil and mash well.
- Brown chicken breasts in olive oil, not cooking the chicken through at this point but adding color. Remove when finished and set into a casserole dish.
- Deglaze the sauce pan with the white wine and let boil. Add chicken stock, parsley and roasted garlic. Allow to simmer.
- Add milk and cream cheese, stirring until it is incorporated, and then add the parmesan cheese. Whisk until smooth.
- Add black pepper to taste and salt if needed. (the broth and cheese are salty so you probably won’t need any).
- Pour over the chicken and bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve sauce over mashed potatoes or pasta. If it is too thin, return to a saucepan and mix together one tablespoon water and one tablespoon of corn starch and whisk into sauce when simmering.