romano cheese, freshly grated
basil, leaves chopped
- Heat oven to 350.
- Place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap up garlic and roast in oven for about 30 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove roasted garlic from the oven, remove peel and puree until smooth.
- Place in refrigerator to rest and cool.
- When cool, combine with softened cream cheese.
- Slice bread, 1/2 inch thick, on the bias.
- Toast the bread slightly and set aside.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on the toast and sprinkle lightly with half of the Romano.
- Return to oven to warm the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and top with tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Romano.
- Scatter basil on top of the bruschetta and serve.