pork tenderloin, cut into inch thick rounds
onion, finely diced
3 1/2 ounces
Stilton cheese, crumbled
fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the tenderloin into 1" thick rounds. Dredge in flour salt and pepper and put aside.
- Gently fry the onion and the chopped rosemary leaves in a little butter until the onion is soft and transparent.
- Add the stock, and cider and then gradually add the crumbled Stilton allowing it to melt inches.
- Add the cream and let the mixture bubble down until it is thick and reduced by approx 2/3. (I gently simmered for an hour stirring frequently).
- Then fry the pork medallions in batches for about 6 minutes per side. You want the pork to still be juicy.
- Toss the pork in the sauce and serve, garnished with a sprig of rosemary.