2 lbs swiss steak or 2 lbs
onion, sliced and separated into rings
carrots, thinly sliced
celery, thinly sliced
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes, undraind
1 (8 ounce) cans
hot mashed potatoes
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Cut steak into 4 or 5 servings; dredge in flour mixture.
- Brown on both sides in hot oil; remove to large baking dish.
- Place vegetables over steak; pour tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and Worcestershire over all.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2- 2 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Serve with sauce spooned over the mashed potatoes.