pears, diced finely
salt and pepper
small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Clean out the squash; remove the skin and cut into 1/2 inch dice.
- Measure 3 cups of cut-up squash.
- In a saucepan, simmer the squash, celery salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, curry powder, milk, and broth for about 30 minutes.
- Stir to keep the milk from burning.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add half the shrimp and pears to the pumpkin mixture and process in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and simmer.
- Add the remaining whole shrimp and pears and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Top with sherry, more cinnamon and nutmeg to taste.
- Optional Seving Bowl:.
- If you are going to serve the soup in a pumpkin, boil 2 quarts of water.
- Cut the top off of the squash and clean out carefully.
- Cut a notch in the top for the ladle to stick through.
- Pour the boiling water into the squash and swish around and then pour into sink.
- Pour the soup into the pumpkin.