( Munich Dunkel would be nice)
salt and pepper
- Saute garlic in oil.
- Mix eggs, yolks, nutmeg, and beer* until blended.
- Stir in the garlic.
- Add flour until a thick batter-like consistency is achieved.
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Push spaetzle through spaetzle maker or colander into boiling water; and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Strain spaetzle and spread out on a cookie sheet. Lightly oil and allow to cool.
- When ready to serve, heat olive oil and saute spaetzle until golden brown.
- *Beer choice- preferably a brown ale/lager that isn't too bitter. A continental lager like a Munich Dunkel would be my choice. Though a Bock, Maibock, Oktoberfest, Vienna, or Dark American Lager would work.