( orange peeled chopped into even sized pieces)
( 1/3 cup)
( canned no added salt drained bones and skin removed and flaked)
( casnned drained)
( 1/2 cup fresh made from day old wholemeal grain bread)
( green part finely chopped)
( 50 gram lightly whisked)
ground black pepper
( or to taste)
( dried 1/2 cup)
- Put the sweet potato in a large shallow microwave safe dish and add 80ml (1/3 cup) water, cover and microwave on high/100% for 8-10 minutes or until very soft and drain well OR cook the sweet potato in a steamer basket over a large saucepan of simmering water or steam in a electric steamer, set potato aside for 10 minutes to allow the sweet potato to dry out.
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan forced).
- Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Put sweet potato in a large bowl and mash until smooth and then add the salmon, corn, fresh breadcrumbs, spring onion and egg and then season with pepper, mixing until well combined.
- Divide the mix into 16 equal portions and shape into patties.
- Put dried breadcrumbs on a large plate and coat each patty in the breadcrumbs.
- Divide the patties between the baking trays and spray with cooking spray on each side and cook in the oven, turning once, for 20 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- TIP 1 - You can prepare these patties to the end of step 6, then keep them in the fridge for up to 2 days and when ready to serve continue from step 7 of the recipe or, prepare and cook the patties, keep them in the fridge for up to 2 days and then serve cold or at room temperature.
- TIP 2 - To freeze the patties, make up to the end of step 6 and then wrap individual patties in freezer wrap and place in a resealable freezer bags, expel air, then label and date and freeze for up to 6 months - when ready to serve, defrost on a plate in the fridge and then continue from step 7 of the recipe.