6 cups diced tomatillos (2 pounds) or 6 cups
diced green tomatoes
granny smith apples, 3 cups diced
red pepper, 1 1/4 cups diced
apple cider vinegar
1 -2 fresh habaneros or 4 -6
fresh jalapenos, minced
lime, zest, meat chopped, pith discarded
garlic cloves, minced
fresh cracked black pepper, 10 turns
( crisp granules 1/8 teaspoon per pint calcium chloride)
- Prepare jars for canning.
- In a large pot combine all ingredients except for the granules.
- bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Place 1/8 teaspoon of the granules in each pint if using.
- Ladle into hot sterlized jars leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Wipe rims and top with lids.
- Process for 10 minutes in a hot water bath covered by at least 1 inch of water.
- Remove jars a leave in a draft free spot for 24 hours.
- Lable and store in a pantry fo up to 1 year.