old fashioned rolled oats, organic
warm filtered water
2 tablespoons whey or 2 tablespoons yogurt or 2 tablespoons kefir or 2 tablespoons buttermilk or 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons
2 -4 tablespoons
- Mix oats with warm water and acid (whey, yogurt etc).
- Leave in a warm place for at least 7 hours, up to 24.
- When ready to cook, bring additional 1 cup of water to a boil with sea salt.
- Add soaked oats, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- While oats are cooking, grind flax seeds in a coffee grinder.
- Remove from heat and stir in flax seeds.
- Sweeten with raw honey, maple syrup, molasses etc.
- Add 2 to 4 tablespoons butter or cream.
- Add chopped nuts or shredded coconut if desired.