romaine lettuce, washed, dried and cut into 1/2 inch strips
garlic clove, crushed
( or more to taste)
salt, to taste
freshly ground pepper, to taste
white wine vinegar
extra virgin olive oil
parmesan cheese, grated
pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Place the shredded romaine in a salad bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the garlic, mustard, salt, pepper, and vinegar.
- Whisk in the oil until completely incorporated.
- Stir in the Parmesan.
- Pour the dressing over the romaine; toss to mix.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts (or other toppings of your choice - chopped tomatoes, croutons, diced cucumbers, etc.).
- Serve at once.
- (Leftovers will wilt - only toss as much as you will eat at any meal).