self raising flour, sifted
cold butter, chopped
milk, plus extra for brushing
dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Place flour and sugar in bowl, mix to combine.
- Add butter and rub into flour till like breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in milk.
- Gradually mix in milk with a knife till just combined.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, gently bring dough together.
- Roll out to 18cms x 24 cms, sprinkle with chocolate.
- Roll up to enclose, place in a loaf pan 19cms x 9cms.
- Brush with extra milk, bake 30 minutes.
- Cool in tin 5 minutes the turn onto rack, slice to serve.