peeled cubed sweet potatoes
9.85 ml canola oil or 9.85 ml other vegetable oil or 9.85 ml
garlic cloves, minced
( or pressed)
minced fresh green chili pepper
cooked black beans
( three 15-ounce cans, drained)
lightly packed cilantro leaf
fresh lemon juice
12 (120 inch)
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with the salt and water to cover.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, warm the oil in a medium skillet or saucepan and add the onions, garlic, and chile.
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions are tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add the cumin and coriander and cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the black beans, cilantro, lemon juice, salt, and cooked sweet potatoes and puree until smooth (or mash the ingredients in a large bowl by hand).
- Transfer the sweet potato mixture to a large mixing bowl and mix in the cooked onions and spices.
- Lightly oil a large baking dish.
- Spoon about 2/3 to 3/4 cup of the filling in the center of each tortilla, roll it up, and place it, seam side down, in the baking dish.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for about 30 minutes, until piping hot.
- Serve topped with salsa.