453.59 g fresh saimin noodles or 453.59 g somen noodles or 453.59 g
other fine white-flour noodles
kamaboko, thinly sliced
( Japanese fish cake)
char siu pork, thinly sliced
( Chinese roasted pork)
scallions, trimmed and chopped
( soy sauce)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat, add noodles and cook until tender but firm, about 3 minutes.
- Drain noodles and divide evenly between 4 large, deep soup bowls.
- While noodles cook, heat dashi over medium heat until simmering but not boiling, (stir in beaten eggs- optional).
- Evenly divide spinach between the bowls of noodles, then ladle about 1 cup dashi into each bowl.
- Garnish soup with slices of fish cake and pork.
- Scatter scallions on top and season with pepper.
- Serve with soy sauce.