frozen strawberries, I'm sure sweet fresh ones could also be used
1 3/4 ounces
- Thaw out frozen strawberries. Clean and pit cherries.
- Blend strawberries and cherries in a food processor.
- Pour mixture and lemon juice in 6-8 qt saucepan. Whisk in fruit pectin and sugar. Bring to a rolling boil over med-high heat, stirring constantly for about 20 or more minutes until jam is at desired thickness (though remember it will thicken up more once the jam cools).
- Ladle into prepared 1/2 pint jars, leaving 1/4" headspace.
- Lid jars and place into boiling canner. Boil jars for 10 minutes.
- Remove jars from boiler and let them cool for 24 hours for a good seal.