( 3-4 lbs)
dark brown sugar, packed
fresh mint, chopped
fresh basil, chopped
pecans, toasted and chopped
black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake whole squash 1 hour or until tender when pierced with fork.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5-10 minutes.
- halve lengthwise and remove seeds.
- With fork, pull out the spaghetti-like strands.
- Divide in half and place in 2 bowls.
- Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- In small skillet, heat cumin seed over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add curry powder.
- Heat 1 minute.
- Pour over half of the squash.
- Add yogurt, sour cream, brown sugar, mint, basil, and salt.
- Toss to combine.
- Mound mixture in center of oven-proof serving platter.
- Surround with remaining half of squash and garnish with toasted pecans.
- Sprinkle with pepper to taste.
- Bake until thoroughly heated, 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately.