sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped finely
dried red lentils
garlic cloves, crushed
salt and pepper
chopped cilantro, lime juice
- heat olive oil over medium heat.
- optional- if you want the sweet potato soft, microwave for 2-3 min
- add shallots and cook until soft.
- add ginger and garlic and saute for 1-2 minute.
- add curry powder and mix thoroughly.
- add sweet potatoes, lentils, and broth.
- bring to a boil then simmer at least 45 minute.
- the longer this simmers the better! before serving increase heat to high and stir in the cilantro and lime juice.