1 1/2 cups
all-purpose flour, sifted
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Then add sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to wet ingredients a little at a time.
- Chill in refrigerator till firm or even overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Roll the dough 1/4-1/2-inch thickness and cut out into desired shape.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly pale golden--not brown.
- Allow to cool completely on wire rack before frosting.