( Earth Balance is nice if you can find it. I've also used Fleischmann's Unsalted, Blue Bonnet Light, )
( ideally, it would be sifted)
- Food Processor Instructions:.
- Pulse the margarine in a food processor, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the soymilk and vanilla extract and pulse a few more times. Do not worry if it's not totally blended yet.
- Add the powdered sugar in three or so portions. Add one third and blend. Add another third and blend. Add the last bit and whirl it until fully incorporated and the frosting is smooth and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and whirl it around another few seconds.
- Spread on cakes, cupcakes, cookies, ritz crackers, whatever suits your fancy!
- Mixer Instructions, more or less as posted on the Post Punk Kitchen website:.
- Melt the margarine. I put it in a small bowl and microwave it, then use a plastic spatula to get it all out into the metal bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and soymilk, then beat on medium for about a minute, or until it's a good consistency for spreading.
- Stir in extracts and frost away!
- ALSO suggested:
- The original recipe is for chocolate frosting - add 2/3 cup cocoa powder before adding sugar in either form of preparation, and add 1 1/2 tsp almond extract with the vanilla.
- This would also be lovely with a little citrus zest - add orange or lemon zest with the extracts.