yellow squash, small and well shaped
1 (6 ounce) cans
baby peas, drained
2 -3 tablespoons
parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil the whole squash until tender, no more than 5 minutes.
- Drain and cut the vegetables in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds to make a boat-shaped cavity. (Leave some of the meat on the squash peel, so that you don't scrape down to the outer skin).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the peas, butter, salt, pepper, sugar and cream in a blender and puree until soft but not runny. (Begin with just 2 tablespoons of the cream, and add more only if needed.).
- Fill the squash cavities with the pea mixture, and place them in a greased baking dish.
- Combine the bread crumbs and cheese, sprinkle over the squash.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.